Ok so this is unlike my usual posts as it’s more of an announcement. I am very excited to share that The Blessing Bucket was nominated for a Liebster Award! What is a Liebster Award you ask? In the simplest words, it’s an award for bloggers (fresh in their blogging journey), given by other bloggers. I started The Blessing Bucket only last summer and I am super appreciative of all the positive feedbacks that I’ve been getting from everyone inside and outside the blogging community. I want to take this chance to express my thanks. I will be working hard in 2018 to make TBB a useful and inspirational blog!
So what’s next? Here is how the Liebster Award works once you’ve been nominated:
LIEBSTER AWARD RULES
- Thank the person who nominated you and post a link to their blog on your blog
- Display the award on your blog
- Discuss who your favorite blogger is, and why
- Provide 10 random facts about yourself
- Respond to the questions provided by the blogger who nominated you for the award
- Nominate 5-11 travel blogs that you feel deserve the award
- Ask nominees 10 questions you would like them to answer on
- Inform the people/blogs that you nominated that they have been nominated for the Liebster award and provide a link for them to your post
So here we go!
Who nominated me for the Liebster Award?
I was nominated by Kara from Destination: Live Life. Thank you! It’s great to be recognized by another blogger who is as obsessed with travel as me. Kara will be going to many amazing places this year including the Bahamas, Greece, Italy, and Croatia! I’m expecting some amazing photos and stories. Definitely check out her blog.
My favorite blogger
I would have to say my favorite blogger is Kiersten from The Blonde Abroad. I always enjoy reading her blog. It covers so many topics for all sorts of travellers. You can read tips for female travel, couple travel, volunteer travel..or browse by the activities you are interested in like camping, diving, snowboarding and much more. I am especially interested in her travel fashion and photography. She is just one multitalented traveling boss lady!
10 Random Facts About Me
1. I was born in China and lived there until I moved to Canada with my family at age 10. So I’m fluent in Chinese!
2. I’m a long time dancer. I practice many dance styles but I specialize in Waacking, a style that originated in the sassy disco 70s. That’s me on the farthest right in the photo. (I love Waacking and love sharing about it. Check out this Youtube video to get an idea of this beautiful dance!)
3. I had some interesting pets growing up in China: parrots, pigeons, fishes, turtles, ducks, rabbit, and quail!
4. I used to have a blog called the “Stylish Wanderer” that went viral on the internet in 2013 for a comic I drew about “what it’s like to be in a long distance relationships”. Check out my re-upload here.
5. My boyfriend and I have been in a long distance relationship for about 4 years now. Shocking Ikr?! But we have an amazing relationship regardless.
6. Recently, I’ve developed a slight obsession with looking at smoothie bowls on Instagram. They are so pretty!
7. For the past year and a half, I’ve been living in Japan teaching English and exploring this wonderful country as well as the rest of Asia. It’s been a blast!
8. I can speak daily conversation level Japanese. Nothing too much higher than that though 😛
9. I have a new year’s resolution of cutting down on plastic consumption to be more environmentally friendly. It’s been challenging so far but I’m trying hard! (Guys Japan loves to package everything so much!)
10. I have a driver’s license but I have not been on the road for a long time. Honestly, driving makes me a bit anxious. I know…it’s a bit embarrassing.
Questions for me by “Destination: Live Life”
1. What is your favorite travel destination, and why?
Gosh it’s so hard to choose! So many! Maybe New Zealand. It’s just a stunning country with the most gorgeous sceneries. I’ve been there twice in both the north and south island. It was at Lake Taupo in the north island where I did the craziest activity of my life: sky diving out of a plane at 15,000 feet!
Related Read: 10 Things You Must Do in New Zealand
2. What is your biggest travel tip?
Basically using your common senses and being respectful in other countries. Oh! DO NOT EVER pick up any rocks or corals from the beaches, forests, or mountains in South East Asia. I had a pretty bad personal experience with that a couple years ago when I was ignorant of local religious beliefs. Let’s just say I had some troubles leaving the airport. We’ll leave the story at that.
3. How do you stay healthy on the road?
Great question! I try to watch out for my veggie intakes and get as much exercise in as possible. Climbing stairs, hiking, stretching often, and dancing! Lots of dancing in hotel rooms. 😛 I actually have a post about how to stay healthy while being on the road!
Related Read: How to Stay Healthy And Fit While Traveling
4. Who’s the most interesting person you’ve met on a plane?
To be honest, I can’t say for this one. I’m pretty introverted while on a plane. It’s kind of my own time. Usually, you’ll find me watching a movie or passed out against the window.
5. What is one item you NEVER travel without?
I would have to say some wet wipes. You never know when you need to wipe something down or clean your hands!
6. What is your favorite loyalty rewards program?
Ooh as a traveler and blogger, I’m sad to say I’m still trying to figure this one out. There are so many out there it’s overwhelming! It’s one of my goals for this year to get into travel hacking more!
7. What are the top three locations on your travel bucket list?
I’m dying to visit Morocco, South Africa, and Costa Rica!
8. What is your worst travel experience?
Ha! It’s more of a worst trip than a travel experience. A couple years ago, my boyfriend and I went to Bali and it was just a trip where everything went wrong. Our boat broke down in the middle of the ocean, my boyfriend got stomach flu, we got in trouble with customs for something unexpected (see my hint under question 2), and we ran out of money. Somehow Bali was not the trip we expected, to no fault of its own though! I hope to go back for a re-do someday.
9. Describe your first trip ever – when, where, why?
My first real big solo trip was when I went to Australia to study abroad during my university years. It was the chapter that changed my life and made me fall in love with traveling forever!
10. What is one fact you would like readers to know about you / your blog?
Besides travel tips and guides, I like to make printables for my readers. I usually make a new printable every month, from travel planners, to bucket list, to artworks. And I send them out along with my newsletter. So if you would like to get lovely printables, get on my mailing list!
My Liebster Award nominees
1. Esther from Always Wanderlusting
I can tell Esther puts in a lot of effort for her blog. I like that she provides her expenses in her itineraries to help her readers with budget ideas.
2. Marie-Noelle from Marie Blogging
Marie-Noelle has some really interesting topics and articles like “Top 10 Least Visited Countries”. You will definitely learn something new.
3. Rachael from Wander Wonder Wonton
I love Rachael’s concept! Wander = travel, Wonder = thoughts, Wonton = food! I wish I thought of that. Genius!
4. Megan Griep from ESLVentures.com
Megan has such an impressive resume! She has taught English in so many countries! I’m loving her photos and posts from her African adventures.
5. Natasha from Eat Pray WTF
Natasha’s blog is actually a “pog”! A blog + podcast. Follow her stories around the world.
6. Hailey from Hot Tropic
I like that in addition to traveling, Hailey covers topics like personal development and meditation!
7.Kaja from Vagaries of Travel
Kaja’s blog is very young but she has done so much in a short amount of time! Love her photography of soothing beaches and can’t wait to see her growth.
8. Kelsie from Kelsie Diperna
Kelsie is a fabulous photographer. Her site is gorgeous. I was stunned to see this night sky that she photographed!
9.Ine from Compass to Connection
“I strive to inspire people by giving people a platform to tell vulnerable stories” Ine collects stories about love, relationships, and sexual identity from people she meets all around the world. I love her mission of creating “more awareness and tolerance on these topics and enabling love to make the world a better place.”
10. Heather from With Wild Wonder
Heather’s blog is a mix of narrative nonfiction and quick features of her favorite places. I love her low key humour in her stories! Her piece on Singapore, although short, was entertaining to read.
11. Lisa from Wandering Warthog
The Wandering Warthog’s blog mascot is…you guessed it, a warthog! So unique. Check out their blog to find out why!
My questions for my nominees
- What is your favorite place that you’ve traveled to?
- What are the top 3 places next on your bucket list?
- What is your favorite post that you have written on your blog?
- What is one travel product you love?
- What is your favorite travel loyalty reward program?
- Who do you usually travel with? If solo, what is that like for you?
- What is your funniest travel story?
- If you could live elsewhere, where would you live?
- Where/what was your best accommodation experience?
- What is one thing you would like readers to know about your blog?
Keep traveling and blogging!